Sunday, December 4, 2011

Does Non profit credit card counseling really work?

I owe about $60,000 and I only make about $2300/month net. I started to default on my credit card payments. I plan to go for a non profit credit counseling but can any one explain me how exactly they work.|||The idea behind the requirement was to see if there was an alternative to bankruptcy before the case was filed. Debtors must get the counseling from a provider approved in the district in which they file.





Non profit credit counseling can be obtained over the internet, on the phone or face to face. It generally lasts about an hour and costs around nothing Studies show that the overwhelming number of participants need to file bankruptcy, so the actual utility of the requirement is suspect.





The best counseling provider i experienced does non profit credit card counselling and consumer counseling. Try for it


http://www.loansstore.com/debt-consolida鈥?/a>|||Debt consolidation (what curious cat is referring to) and credit counseling are two different things.





Credit counseling points out what to avoid in the future to get yourself in trouble, helps you draw up a budget and helps you develop a workable payback plan.





Debt consolidation can either be, consolidating all your debt and formulating one monthly plan including all creditors for you to pay back or consolidating all of your debt into a new loan.





Of the two, credit counseling is probably best and far less leeway in the scamming department (there are lots of scam debt consolidation companies out there who will happily take your money while you get nothing in return).|||They try to combine all of your payments into one. Pay off everyone with smaller payments. I do hope it works for you. It didn't for me. They figured I should be able to make my payments just as they were. They said I just needed to cut back on spending. Did not help at all.|||WITH THAT HIGH OF A BALNCE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL DO BANKRUPTCY.


IT'LL TAKE YEARS TO PAY THAT OFF EVEN WITH COUNSELING. AND IT'LL STILL SCREW YOUR CREDIT UP REALLY BAD.|||ngfnf|||no

No comments:

Post a Comment