Monday, December 12, 2011

What can i do if my credit card company closed my account?

Hi, I've had a credit card for a while and have been making payments for a long time. I've been late a couple times but never 3 months late which is when they cut off priviledges. They sent a letter saying that my account was going to be temporarily suspended with the possibility of being permantently closed. I called the day I got this letter and they said my account was closed. How can I convince them to reopen my account? And how can I keep this from negatively affecting my credit?|||send your minimum payment, if they accept it then you are allowed under law to keep paying as you wish|||There is nothing you can do. With credit being tight all companies are closing the accounts of late payers. Try finding another credit card.|||You can't convince them to reopen your account. They have decided that they no longer want to extend you credit privileges. Creditors are even closing out accounts with people that were never late. By the way by you saying you were not 3 months late, if that means you were 2 months late then that is the reason why it was closed, and the reason why you won't get it re-opened.





As to how to keep it from negatively affecting your credit. It will reduce your overall credit Limit, so if you are using more than 30% of your other cards you need to get them down ASAP. The worst part is that once this company closed your account, others may see that as a negative and do the same. Again, there is nothing you can do to keep this from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment