Monday, December 12, 2011

How do holds on your credit card for car rentals work?

This is my first time renting a car! I know there is a $200 hold they place on my credit card. I prepaid for the car but I will have a $27 charge for being under 25 each of the 3 days I'm renting the car--should I plan on putting aside the $81 dollars in addition to the hold or will the money come out of the funds the rental company is holding?|||The car rental company has a minimum hold of $200. If the total cost of your rental is more than $200 (including all taxes, fees and the extra underage charge) then they will hold the estimated full amount of your rental.





Example .. if your total estimated charges (including fees) will be $130.. they'll hold $200


if your total estimated charges (including fees) will be $267.. they hold $267





Hope this helps!|||They place a temporary charge with your credit card company and release it upon completion of your rental term.|||It's basically a deposit. We hired with Enterprise via Galaxy Car Hire recently, Enterprise just froze the deposit on my card and released it when we took the car back. It's pretty standard with all car hire companies.





http://www.galaxy-carhire.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment