Monday, December 12, 2011

Should I send a copy of my credit card to a Mexico resort or is the credit card authorization form good enough?

Should I send a copy of my credit card to a resort or is the credit card authorization form good enough?


I'm trying to make a reservation for an event I'm throwing outside of the country. I emailed them the CC Authorization form already but now they want a copy of the front and back of the credit card. Should I send that?





I've talked to the event coordinator many times and i trust her but I'm still not comfortable sending a copy of my credit card front and back.|||NEVER!!! There are many people in many countries, and Mexico at times is one of those countries, who are only worried about getting money sometimes illegally. A common scam is to tell someone you need a "copy" of a credit card front and back. This way they have your name, your signature, your number, and your code code number.





If your representative needs those things she is more than likely not legitimate and you should drop her immediately. If she still states she needs the information contact her superior and inform him/her that they have the credit card authorization form and that is all they need. Then inform your credit card carrier of the impropriety of the "representative" and provide them with her name as well as her contact information. Credit fraud in foreign countries is quite serious and foreigners are usually the victims because the locals know they will never report the abuse until it is over and the perpetrators are long gone.





Good Luck!!

1 comment: