Sunday, December 4, 2011

Do credit card companies charge fees for me to accept payment?

I am going to place a PayPal option on my website (the standard account) where the buyer can only buy one item at a time after the price (shipping, etc.) has been decided. I am aware of PayPal's fees, but do the credit card companies also charge me a fee for accepting payment? If so, approximately how much are credit card company fees? I want to use PayPal's email billing option so that the buyer can choose his method of payment.|||No, the fees go through paypal. the credit company is charging paypal which makes a profit by charging you a higher fee. depending on your service, you could be charged by an individual company like paypal is, for instance if you had one of those little terminals like they have in stores. even those probably go through a paypal like broker to get their services though.|||If you accept Paypal via credit card using their Email Payments service, the only fees you'll pay are from Paypal.|||No they do not charge you. They charge paypal. Look at it this way. Your customer is actually paying PayPal and PayPal gives you a credit in your account. PayPal is the one accepting the credit cards not you. Excuse me if that sounded confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment