Saturday, December 17, 2011

When I call my credit card company to request a credit limit increase, will it lower my credit score?

Whenever I call a credit card company to raise my credit limit, they always inform me they will need to check my credit report. If they deny the limit increase, will it lower my credit score? Will even just calling to ask for an increase lower my credit score?|||it will lower it a bit but not enough to worry about!!!|||If you give them the authority to pull your credit it will affect your score a little. If you get the limit increase it will help your score as long as you don't use more than 50% of your available credit. If you don't get it this will hurt your score a few points, but not much.





Start small on the phone with them ask for a little increase, when they say yes ask how much more you could be increased to.





Or ask for the world and settle for a smaller increase. Your choice.


|||It will lower your credit score 2 points to get your report checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment