Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it easy to qualify for a Nordstroms credit card?

I want to build up my credit by getting a store credit card and the lady at my bank told me I should try to get one from Nordstroms. I am 19 and work a full time job. I make around 1,100 - 1,200 a month and I am not planning on spending a lot of money on the card. How hard is it to qualify for one of those cards? Does anyone have a nordstroms credit card?|||New Federal Laws passed in February that will make it impossible for anyone under 21 to get a credit card unless they have sufficient income and good credit.





I still want you to try, since it can't hurt.


A inquiry is only 1 or 2 points, and quickly drops off your credit report - nothing to worry about.


I also want you to go to bankrate.com and find a card you like.


See if you find one that has 1% cash back and make sure there is no annual fee.





If both those fail, you may have to get a parent to co-sign on a card with you.


For great credit remember to pay in full each month.


It is 100% myth that carrying balances is good for you.


Carrying balances and paying interest can ruin credit and in some cases devastate lives.





If no parent, consider a secured card from your bank.


Ask the bank if there is any way that card can turn into a credit card before age 21.


Not sure how new laws are affecting secured cards.


Citi bank and orchard bank offer good ones.


Go to the site and put in the search box "secured card".


/

No comments:

Post a Comment