Thursday, December 15, 2011

Why do I need a credit card statement even though I used a Amazon gift card to cover my purchase?

When I proceed to the check out point. It asks about my credit card information. Why do I need it if I used a gift card instead? BTW they never mention gift cards when you buy something from Amazon|||Because that is how online merchants work. They want to know that you are the rightful owner of that card. A lot of online merchants do NOT accept gift cards and you may not be able to use this online to buy things.





You may need to register this gift card before you would be able to use it online.|||Yes they do mention gift cards during the payment process on Amazon. I've used them dozens of times. Amazon sponsors numerous independent merchants (even Target sells stuff through Amazon and they have their own on-line site), and some of the independent merchants don't accept Amazon gift cards. That may be what you have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment